Monday, May 19, 2008

DIARY ENTRY 15

from L. S.
to maketodayhistory@gmail.com
date Sat, May 10, 2008 at 6:50 AM
subject 6th May 2008

hide details 6:50 AM (29 minutes ago)


Reply



0.00

I23 you have 1 new voice message, please dial 123



Bzzz... bz.... I’m going to bring my ticket back, i‘ve been thinking a lot about it, I think it s better like that, i hope I can get my money back. I don’t want to see you anymore.. Bzz... bz...

I try to call

-Please answer-

No answer, she’s probably sleeping, shall see tomorrow –



06.00 it’s time to wake up zzzz....

06.09 it’s time to wake up zzzz...

06.18 it’s time to wake up zz..

06.25, i try to call again

-Hallo?-

I told her everything, trying to explain myself while not having any excuse. Still i’m sincere, and my best wish now would be to be close to her.



Now plan: shower first, then coffee and news.

Infact I get up, and the plan doesn’t work.

A glance to the garden: any monkeys around? Not today, too much construction going on around. News first: the former minister interview, a couple of scary crimes, the picture of the day, sport related but I don’t remember, gallery of some fashion shows, pretty the girls, the clothes I didn’t notice, then quotes, energy going up, good, communication going down, bad, Oil: record, dollar: at least today is not worst than yesterday, you’ve always got to be optimistic.

Coffee, sugar, shower, dress up, mail, coffee, let’s go.

7.51 it usually take 6 minute to go to work with no traffic. Plants, trees, flowers along the way are beautiful. The green and the purple melts against the sea/sky background. ..radio volume down windows up, parking.

Now geometry.

It is difficult to explain into words because is another world where the language is made of geometrical feelings, where you feel the distance of the bodies and listen to the relation of the lines, that in your mind develop into a space made of void and solid. Void is good because is light, breezy and very cheap to build. But you need to define it with solid to get the required void.

10.25 i take a pause, today I’m early, go visit lizards and african snails shell in the back, where nobody see me while I’ve my break, I wonder about the past and the future, few comments on the pretty girls in the office, a nice cigarette while I develop my to do list for the rest of the morning: fix the landscape with smart simplicity, a gentle green slope, we’ve room for a 30% slope, easy to build and to mantain, and can also be used for lounge chairs or to play with the kids. None of the existing trees will be damaged because they’re on the side. Tha go work.

Back to x,y,z, (30*12+7)/2.54 ctrl+v @ sc .3937 ent. (esc esc esc)

New mail, they’re telling me that i have a meeting at 2 o’clock – ahi ahi that means that i can’t go home for lunch.

13.30 the sandwich is so small for 15 dollars...

13.55 I try to draw a perspective of my friend house while waiting for other people to show up for the meeting. My hand is not still and lines e not straight. What’ wrong? I need some training.

14.50 The meeting is boooooring, why I only get invited to meetings on field and not to the ones in the nice meeting room with coffee and fruit juice?

15.45 happy to jump back in my little house, that few people know yet beside me, in fact it only exist in my head and in my drawings. I check up the swimming pool, the pump and the water tank...and xzyxyzyyzxyxzxyzyz

19.30 home finally, that was long, too much a waste of time these meeting... mph! (bottle opening)

I call her again –how is it going, feeling better? (...) miss you too. –



Dinner easy, nothing much in the fridge, let’s have a good salad, lattuce cabbage carrots tomatoes, healthy and refreshing, and a piece of bread with some cheese as appetizer.

I have a look to tomorrow newspapers, that’s the good about living in a gmt-4 country while belonging to a gmt+1, you’re 6 hours later compared to people from your country, and you can read tomorrow newspaper over the web before going to sleep,

Soon time to go to sleep....

Tomorrow!

No comments:

NOTICE OF THE PROJECT

MAKE TODAY HISTORY

This project by the artist Ingrid Persaud aims to record an ordinary day, Tuesday May 6 2008, in the life of people in Barbados.
If you are in Barbados on May 6 all you do is keep a diary of your day, between 600 -1000 words, and email it to her.

It will function as a time capsule capturing for history what people did on that very normal day – what they wore, what they ate, where they went, what transport they used – just the stuff of a normal day. It is not about recording extraordinary events.

The records will ultimately be available online for all to share. Keep a record of the day and send to:

maketodayhistory@gmail.com

You can email it anytime between 6 and 9 May 2008.

Please tell your family, colleagues and friends.